The 157th 'Wild Tempest' Company Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The 157th 'Wild Tempest' Company Forums

This is the forum of Wild Tempest, an Alliance-based World of Warcraft RP-PvP guild on Defias Brotherhood.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keag Strongbrew

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Empty
PostSubject: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Quote :
Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Northrend

The famed 157th "Wild Tempest" Company is no more. And therefore, this will be the first official campaign of Task Force: Wild Tempest.
The sole objective of this campaign may sound quite simple, to locate and terminate the Horde rebels known as the Blood Wolf clan in the most effective way possible. These Blood Wolves, a gathering of angry Alliance-hating rebels hailing from all the Horde races, are held responsible for continued merciless attacks on anything even remotely Alliance alligned, and attempt to disrupt the already fragile peace between the Horde and the Alliance on almost a daily base. Because of that, High Command has decided to unleash the Tempest on them before they become a even larger threat!

However Northrend, were these savages are said to roam around now is a wide and wild continent, it's local inhabitants and envoirement itself are out to kill you as much as your actual objective. So, it's upon these soldiers to show that even when cut in budget and personell they can emerge victorious in the most hostile envoirements.

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Stormwind_64

Task Force: Wild Tempest
"Storming the Front"
Back to top Go down
Paia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Quote :
The Ocean: Let's not Drown, Get Eaten or Freeze to Death

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Wowscr15

Date: 05/02

The Briefing:

After criminal incompetence from the ships captain leading to the sinking of the transport ship, Taskforce found itself marooned on an island near the shores of Northrend. In order to continue with the mission the company needed to reach the mainland and find a secure location to stay.

Soldiers Present

Lieutenant Zibble Fiddlecog
Sergeant Paia Cuddlefork (Report Author)
Sergeant Clara Dawson
Corporal Xildon Tinkertron
Corporal Elrua
Private Howl Duskmane
Private Lelara 'Frosthoof'
Private Yavari
Contractor Shadesprocket
Surviving sailors and personnel in no condition to fight.
A large feline.

The Mission:

On gathering personnel capable of fighting and rowing onto the surviving lifeboat we departed from the island on which we had been camped thanks to the criminal incompetence of the captain selected for the transport ship. Were he not dead I would recommend sanctions against him. The journey proceeded largely without event as we travelled north towards the shore until it was noticed that we had gained the unwanted attention of a large article of sealife.

The sealife declared its intention to attack us and I prepared an Impromptu Chemical Sealife Repellant (ICSR) liquid with the approval of Lieutenant Fiddlecog. Sergeant Dawson attempted to engage the enemy sealife using magic to walk upon the surface of the water. She caused the enemy some harm before it retreated beneath the surface where we could not strike it. Lieutenant Fiddlecog then ordered Sergeant Dawson to return to the lifeboat and that I deploy the ICSR.

The ICSR induced the enemy sealife to retreat but not before it managed to attempt to eat our vessel. The attempted eating knocked a number of personnel out of the craft notably Private Lelara, who did not manage to regain her position in the craft and continued the rest of the journey on foot while on the sea floor and Shadesprocket, who suffered from the cold. A number of surviving crewmen from our transport ship were killed and eaten during this action. Note, the ICSR caused catastrophic collateral damage to a nearby colony of sea birds and I advise against future deployment of ICSR weaponry in ecologically delicate regions.

Due to the attempted eating our vessel sustained significant damage. Thanks to the quick thinking of Taskforce personnel Sergeant Dawson was able to patch the damage with magical ice before we sank and drowned.

We were able to limp ashore where we re-encountered Private Lelara but it soon became apparent that our landing site was haunted. With skill at sword and spell we repelled our ghostly attackers for long enough for Lieutenant Fiddlecog to lead us out of danger but a number of personnel, including Private Yavari were injured. On reaching the safety of the conveniently non-haunted treeline we marched to Wintergarde where we stopped to rest and heal our wounded.

Notes:

This entire action would have been unnecessary had our transport ship been competently captained and piloted.

Sergeant Paia Cuddlefork
Head of Healing

Task Force 'Wild Tempest'
"Storming the Front"
Back to top Go down
Elrua

Elrua

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:24 am

Quote :
Dragonblight: Seeking the Scouts

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Dragonblightc

Date: 09/03/31 sdp

The Briefing:

Lieutenant Zibble Fiddlecog informed us of our scouts failing to return from a certain location within Dragonblight. We were to investigate said location, to see whether this was due to the Blood Wolf Clan, or something else.

Soldiers Present
Lieutenant Zibble Figglecog
Corporal Elrua
Corporal Paia Cuddlefork
Private Albert Crownwell
Private Yavari
Recruit Hariel
Recruit Yseysa Thunderstorm
Recruit Ar'rah
Mercenary Shadesproket

The Mission:
After the general debriefing, the Wild Tempest set off to search a location known as the Crystal Vice, situated north of our temporary accommodation. The walk there was without trouble, and we soon came to a stop overlooking our destination. Fearing an ambush, I offered for Hariel to be our 'scout', however his state of mind was unpredictable, and he could not be put to use like the previous campaign.

Upon making our decision to continue down our path, we were ordered to remain in hushed tones, splitting into two separate groups as we entered the chasm. The height of the ridges were of a much larger scale than I, and we were vulnerable to any oncoming attacks from above.

Myself and a few others noticed a lone, frozen hand within the ice, trapped upright. Lieutenant Zibble ordered Albert to act as a messenger, sending him to inform Corporal Paia to inspect the frozen hand further. Meanwhile, I was ordered to the other side of the ridge, to secure our position.

As the information was being passed, various cracks appeared along the side of the wall's of the Chasm. Moments after, an Ice Giant appeared. The battle started just as it ended; badly.
Our members suffered multiple injuries as the combat continued, with Hariel and myself being used as a weapon. Hariel was then further misused, as the Giant proceeded to hit himself in the face with the feline. I was able to place several well-timed hits on the Ice Giant, as were the others, though it took a while to take it down. As a final attempt to slay us, the enemy summoned spikes from the ground, causing further injury to myself.

Hearing the cries of their comrade, more Ice Giants appeared, backing up their fallen 'friend'. We attempted to flee, though further injuries were caused. We were all frozen or unconscious by the time they had finished with us, and they retreated, pleased that they were able to prevent us from performing any more attacks.

Thankfully, with having a Druid on our side, we were able to carry two unconscious comrades at once, Hariel being carried away by the Death Knight, Lelara, who arrived shortly after the battle. We returned to camp, to treat our wounded.

Mission Conclusion:
Though we have discovered what caused our Scouts to go missing, the mission could be concluded as a failure. We were all incapacitated at the end, and it was sheer luck that the giants decided to move on, rather than continue their assault.

Corporal Elrua
Harbinger and Assistant Medic of the Wild Tempest Task Force.

157th 'Wild Tempest' Company
"Storming the Front"

Last edited by Warrior_Elrua on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elrua

Elrua

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Quote :
Dragonblight: Aiding the Feline

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Emerald_dragonshrine_by_anime_wowfan-d3bwy2x

Date: 09/03/31 sdp

The Briefing:

The Druid, Recruit Ar'rah offered to treat Hariel's unfortunate state of mind, by visiting an ancient Shrine of her people. I personally agreed to accompany her on the journey, and we made our way across the snowy plains.

Soldiers Present
Corporal Elrua
Private Howl Duskmane
Recruit Ar'rah
Recruit Hariel

The Mission:
The journey to the Emerald Dragonshrine was fairly uneventful, with only the sudden appearance of Private Howl Duskmane being a pleasant surprise. Private Ar'rah was extremely helpful in the explanation of the importance of our journey, and proceeded to answer any questions put forth.

Private Howl volunteered to aid us in our task, and we continued on our way. Upon entering the shrine's location, we were greeted with a lush landscape, filled with blooming plantation.  Private Ar'rah got to the task immediately upon arriving, coercing Hariel to rest peacefully as she entered his subconscious, and into the Emerald Dream.

Myself and Private Howl Duskmane took to our duty as Guardians, watching over the two Druids as Private Ar'rah communicated with Hariel's conscience, which proved to be a wise choice, as we were quickly under attack by what appeared to be a tainted Treant.

For the first section of combat, the enemy was ethereal and was unable to be harmed. No matter what we did, the Treant continued on its way, in an attempt to reach the focused Druidess. Thankfully, my attempted attacks were enough to distract the creature, as it turned its attention to me, and entrapped me within its roots. This proved to be a successful endeavor, as I was quickly able to slam my mace into its branch-arms, finally being able to hinder it's approach.

Private Howl was injured with wooden darts, as I remained relatively unharmed, and I was able to successfully knock the Treant backwards with my mace, my shield having very little effect against the hardened bark. As it toppled to the ground, I finished the creature off, leaving the wooden remains to fade into the earth.

Shortly after the battle, Private Ar'rah appeared to return to the land of the present, informing us that she was successful in retrieving Hariel's conscience, and that he had lost the sense of who he was as a person, due to being 'trapped' within the Emerald Nightmare.

Hariel successfully transformed back into his Elven form, and we left for camp after a moments rest. Ar'rah had, unfortunately, fallen unconscious due to fatigue, but was merely sleeping. She was carried back to the encampment, where we spent another night.

Mission Conclusion:
The task was a success, and Hariel can now understand our Common speech once more. He will be a valuable asset to the Tempest, as he was before his unfortunate mental downfall.

Corporal Elrua
Harbinger and Assistant Medic to the Wild Tempest Task Force.

"Storming the Front"
Back to top Go down
Xildon

Xildon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Quote :
Grizzly Hills: Gathering Information

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Wowscr10

Date: 10/03/31 sdp

The Briefing:

Scouts report that our current target, Blood Wolf Clan, has been sighted in the Grizzly Hills. Lieutenant Fiddlecog had designated a Horde caravan to be intercepted and  its passengers to be apprehended for questioning on the Clan’s whereabouts.

Soldiers Present

Lieutenant Zibble Fiddlecog
Sergeant Xildon X.T. Tinkertron
Corporal Elrua
Corporal Mineral Coppersocket
Private Howl Duskmane
Private Yavari
Recruit Doowor
Recruit Hariel
Shadesprocket (Mercenary)

The Mission:

Upon reaching the Horde stronghold of Conquest Hold, Lieutenant Fiddlecog ordered recruit Hariel to take photographs of it from the treetops. The camera, however, produced bright flashes, leading to the force being spotted. Several orc soldiers approached on worg and foot, but were slain. Orc soldiers on wyverns chased recruit Hariel through the canopy, but he managed to shake them off.

Upon reaching our ambush point, a bridge just north of Amberpine Lodge, Lieutenant Fiddlecog distributed us over several points around the said bridge. The caravan soon arrived. Most passengers fought to the death, but two were taken alive. Successful, the force continued on to Amberpine Lodge, where it is currently stationed.

Mission Conclusion:

- Our captives are comprised of an orc (observation suggests a grunt) and a troll (observation suggests a merchant of sorts).
- Shadesprocket was injured during the fight. Lieutenant Fiddlecog’s camera was at least partially destroyed due to uncareful conduct.

Sergeant Xildon Tinkertron
Fireteam Leader

"Storming the Front"
Back to top Go down
Keag Strongbrew

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 am

Quote :

"For a long time have the ancient pines of the north sway quietly, undisturbed by other than the wind. The Vrykul, by the death of their king and god have withdrawn to their villages and a tense peace remain between the natives and the outsider invaders. Restless spirits of Vrykul ancestors have resumed their rest and the Iron Dwarves have withdrawn to their strongholds. Howling wind blows. Yet, peace is so fragile. In the archeological digs in the area, squabbles have broken between explorers of the two faction. Humans, Taunaka, Vrykul and Wolvar sabotage eachothers traps when the shared hunting grounds no longer provides enough. Soon, patrols of the Horde is found dead and barrels of plague being smuggled into Alliance keeps are found. What was once a spark now burn bright in the flames of hatred. The drums of war thunder once again."

With the first objective of hunting the vicious Blood Wolf Clan not even completed, the mission was called to a stop. High Command required the unit elsewhere, to join their Alliance colleagues in the Northern Pines campaign in the Howling Fjord and the Grizzly Hills areas.

Campaign info:

The campaign was short, but intensive. The unit was forced to deploy often more then once per day, to defend and counter against the nearly constant Horde attacks. Only to be forced to retreat back to Stormwind with the rest of the Alliance, after a defeat by Horde hands..

Now, the brave and troubled soldiers are allowed a week of rest. To prepare themselves for a new mission!

Taske Force: Wild Tempest
"Storming the Front"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]   Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting the Blood Wolves [Northrend, patch 5.4]
Page 1 of 1