The 157th 'Wild Tempest' Company Forums

This is the forum of Wild Tempest, an Alliance-based World of Warcraft RP-PvP guild on Defias Brotherhood.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eodain

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Quote :
Master Sergeant Eodain Ashdown
Chief Scout, Interim Commander
157th Company.

To: All members of the 157th Company.

I have just finished writing the requisitons for medical supplies, water and armour, all of which should be due within the coming week. More urgently, recently there have been guerilla attacks by Orcish Forces that are not aligned with the Rebellion or the Kor'kron. Whilst we are unaware of the motivation of this rogue faction it is clear they are hostile towards Alliance Forces. Until we can find a way to distinguish between our Rebellion "allies" and this new faction, you are cleared to engage all Orcish Forces that approach our Base of Operations if you believe them to be a threat, but to prevent any sort of Diplomatic Crisis you are not to kill unless you feel you have no other choice. Any kills are to immediately be reported to a superior who will then try and get an identity check and assess the situation. Furthermore, no-one is to leave the hold without explicit clearance from an NCO or above; this means from Myself, Sergeant Mia Averheim or any Corporals on duty.

I will keep you updated on the situation.

By Blood and Honour we serve,
Msg. Eodain Ashdown.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Drustai wrote:
World Events - Alliance, Southern Barrens
Fighting around Northwatch Hold has been nearly completed. After a tough fight breaking the siege on Wednesday, Alliance forces began preparing to assault the remaining kor'kron outposts. Three yet remained before the fortress could be fully secured--the fire support base perching at the other side of the ravine, the naval base at Fray Island, and the blockade itself.

Alliance forces divided into three teams. An assault team lead by Marshal Gilran Steelfist lead the charge against the FSB. Choosing to use the less-guarded rear entrance, Marshal Steelfist's team charged past kor'kron forces on mounts. On the way they passed a kor'kron prison camp, but they ignored it in order to focus on their primary mission objective. Sadly, the choice to do so resulted in the execution of the Alliance prisoners being held there when it became clear that the FSB would fall, but it ensured that Steelfist's group were able to hit the FSB while its defenders were still unprepared. Though the group took heavy wounds, they managed to clear out the base, destroy its siege weapons, and recover leftover supplies and intel.

Meanwhile, a covert strike team lead by Lieutenant Iriel Silversong set out on rowboats towards the naval base, with the goals of securing the outpost and eliminating the kor'kron commander, Admiral Krulkar Deadmane, and his command staff. Things did not go as planned, however, and what should have been a covert mission ended up being a straight up siege! Casualties were heavy, eventually necessitating Lieutenant Silversong to request reinforcements. But the mission was a success, with the island secured and the naval command staff wiped out. Admiral Deadmane managed to escape during the fighting, however, and one of our heroes was captured and flown off to who knows where! Is it the last we've seen of either? Unlikely.

While all of this was happening, Wild Tempest marines and bombers set out to take down elements of the kor'kron blockade out at sea. Even with the attacks on the FSB and the NB, however, the blockade was well-coordinated and able to repel the assault, though a few ships have been forced to withdraw to Bilgewater Harbor for repairs. The rest of the fleet has begun to break up following the destruction of the naval base, though it may still be possible to take down a few of the ships before they withdraw completely.

Key intel was recovered from both land locations, though it will take the Alliance some time to decrypt and translate it. This information could greatly assist the Alliance's efforts in Southern Barrens, and may even be of use to the Rebellion. Admiral Deadmane is still at large, however, and may yet prove to be a threat to the Alliance--and perhaps the Rebellion as well.

Now the Alliance turns its eye south, towards retaking its lost territory. It is not yet prepared to move, however, as it waits on repairs of damaged planes and steam tanks and shipments of oil and gas from the Alliance's holdings in Stonetalon. These shipments, moving through the dangerous Overgrowth, will be prime targets for raids from hostile groups like the Blood Wolves, who have already carried out several hit and run attacks on Alliance forces.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eodain

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Reserved for the analysis/outcome of the neutral summit attended by Eodain Ashdown on 21/7/13 in Moonglade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celeste Vanimedle

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Quote :
Dustwallow Marsh: A Woman in Black

Date: 21/07/30

Corporal: Celeste Vanimedle

The Briefing

Due to the events of yesterday, the uncovering of something sinister that lurks within the Southern Edge of the Barrens. Lieutenant Inran gave the word that this sinister pressence needed to be investigated. After careful deliberation, we decided our best course of action would be to move through the marshes of Dustwallow to reach the source.

:Strike Team:

Celeste Melody Vanimedle
Tachal
Lelara "Frosthoof"
Bronn Stormshale
Albert Crownwell
Stormy
Huruma
Karkoom
Jenit Penfold
Shiiri
Zibble Fiddlecog
Alganar Stormclaw
Tuomas

The Mission:

Main Objectives:

• Secure passage to the source of corruption in the Southern Barrens In Progress

As previously stated it was decided the best course for the movement would be through Dustwallow Marsh. The terrain of such was something we were perhaps not as used too, but it offered us cover against the Horde. I split the main force in to two teams to be led by myself, and Tachal. We met down at the pier to discuss futher movements. Lelara Frosthoof would use her magics to make the path over the marshes much easier, when everyone was ready we departed following the coastline south.

We proceeded carefully, a small group of Murloc were present, a village of theres was blocking our path, but when they saw us approach they quickly retreated to there main nesting grounds. I decided against engaging them, they posed no serious threat and were only defending there village, we quickly and quietly pressed on futher along the coast where we would encounter the woman in black.

The woman introduced herself as "Little Wolf" an alias of course, Lelara and Tuomas claimed to know her but given her sudden appearence I felt it prudent to have Vindicator Huruma watch her every move. I asked her if she would act as a guide through the marshes, she claiming to know the lands and wanting to rid the corruption that festered in the south as much as we. She agreed to this and took us futher in.

The marsh itself is un-natural, feelings of unease linger in the stagnant air, as well as the residue of Arcane that still pulsates from the Ruins of Theramore. We moved through the marsh relative unhindered, the terrain and such feelings of being watched, or dread the only hampering we were to incur. We spotted in the distance a tower, though it lay in ruin, "Little Wolf" told us that it wouldn't be wise to venture near it, the ghosts of those long since past lingering within its reaches. I heeded the advice and we set off again southward.

As we reached a road that once led to Theramore, a great feeling of unease washed over the group, before the sounds of battle rung in our ears. Steel and spells flying in all directions as appirations began to materialize infront of us. Tabards of factions we knew, engaging a Horde threat, I ordered the men to stand back and allow the battle to play out, however five appirations spotted us and mistakingly took us for Horde in there perpetual echo.

We engaged the Ghosts, though it was an emotional, and reluctant to strike at those that once held the ideals of the Alliance we had no choice, each ghost taken down accordingly before dispersing in to blue spirit energy. The Vindicator Huruma finished the fight in a blazing Light filled attack, as it connected all the ghosts, the image we were seeing vanished and dispersed before our eyes.

We were wounded however, and the hour was growing late, "Little Wolf" advised that it would not be wise to continue on the path at this hour. She told us of a nearby home of a "neutral" party, that would allow us shelter for the evening. We pushed towards it and arrived safely, I staioned guards on the perimiter of the shack, they would work in rotation as was needed. I then discussed with "Little Wolf" the possibility of setting up a portal so we could bring in re-inforcements, she agreed and set out to make an "anchor" for our men to traverse through.

We remain here in the Marsh for now, and will proceed accordingly tomorrow eve.

*Admonitions, and disciplinary action is needed to be taken against Recruit Lelara Frosthoof. She has personally threatend myself, dislikes taking orders, and has insulted me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celeste Vanimedle

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Quote :
Dustwallow Marsh/Thousand Needles: The Move

Date: 22/07/30

The Briefing:

After gathering the men and setting up transport links back to Northwatch, reinforcements had gathered and we were ready to move towards the Razorefen itself, we'd set up a basecamp at the foot of the writhing mass of thorns and plan the main assault from there. "Little Wolf" would once again lead our way.

Strike Team:

Celeste Melody Vanimedle
Albert Crownwell
Jenit Penfold
Shiiri
Zibble Fiddlecog
Karkoom
Maenethas
Mariska "Red"

The Mission:

Main Objectives:

• Move from Dustwallow to Thousand Needles and secure a base of operations  "Achieved"

"Little Wolf" briefed me on the situation as she had earlier acted as our scout, we discussed in detail the best route to take to get to the Razorfen. With the Horde occupying the main areas of the Southern Barrens the most prudent path to follow was to move directly south, past the Goblin town of Mudsprocket, and then on to Thousand Needles.

I instructed the men to keep as quiet as they could, we'd use the Goblin town itself to purchase any equipment we were lacking, we encountered little trouble and made it to the gates of Mudsprocket unscathed. I spoke briefly with the guard on the gate who seamt eager at our buisness, however he wouldn't allow the two Gnome's we had with us to enter. The men were moved inside and I instructed Zibble and Jenit to remain outside with the company of Maenethas.

Whilst inside the camp I followed "Little Wolf's" instructions as to purchase climbing equipment, the Thousand Needles' mountain ranges would more than likely need it, the others traded coin and what they had with the Goblin for there own trinkets and such. I however had to repremand Karkoom and ask him to remain outside the village as he began to threaten and physically lift one of the Goblin's, relations must be maintained with the neutral parties if we are to win the on going war.

With our supplies intact we moved to follow "Little Wolf" again, proceeding up in to the mountains of Dustwallow by use of a road, presuming that it was constructed by the Goblin's for trade routes. It wasn't long before we saw something on the narrow road. Two large ogres, one with two heads, the other with one, and a small Goblin in a form of suit. It seems that the Goblin's had found another buisness venture to have in the form of a "Toll" road. If we wished to path we would have to meet what they wanted.

Knowing from my dealings with Goblin's that they wish the absolute best deal for themselves possible, I began to barter with the suited Goblin. Others clearly were dismayed over the idea of dealing with them but as stated earlier, we needed to keep the Goblin as a neutral party not simply plow our way through. The following contract was made up that Zibble checked over.

Each member of the team would pay ten silver each, and an extra stipulation would be that any loot found in the Razorfen would belong to the Goblin's. We agreed and I proceeded to sign the contract, however I did so under a false name:

"Alexia Thorne"

Consider this a little payback for an outlaw that has long since caused me and my family much dismay. I instructed the Goblin to if they did not recieve what they wanted, to send there ogre and oaf debt collectors after me and they would have there payments. We continued on with no trouble, reaching the high peaks of Thousand Needles to see the decimation still wrought by the Cataclysm's effects. We had two routes ahead of us, either proceed to the Speedbarge, or move west towards the Razorfen, and attempt to climb.

After lengthy discussion, Karkoom was adament we would not need to climb, as his connection with the spirits of earth would make a path for exactly where we needed to go. I trusted in his judgement and we set off westward from our current location. Soon enough we arrived at the impass "Little Wolf" had told us of, there was only one direction we could move too and that was up. Karkoom began to summon the elements of Earth, and with a lot of shouting... a stairway began to be made in the very earth infront of us.

Though the brambles of the Razorfen slowly encroached on the earth made, the stairway was secured and we moved up to the top of the small cliff-face, it left us with a small valley with direct entrance to the Razorfen if we could manage to burn through the thorns. This would be where we set up camp. I instructed soldiers to guard the camp. Shiiri, Crownwell, and "Little Wolf" would begin to create magical wards to stop anyone sensing our pressence, and create an anchor so a portal could be connected from the valley to Northwatch.

Tommorow we would move on the Razorfen itself.

For Officer's and Lieutenant Inran's eyes only.:

Last edited by Celeste Vanimedle on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celeste Vanimedle

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:49 am

Quote :
Razorfen Downs: Piercing the Veil

Date: 23.07.30

The Briefing:

With the help of Little Wolf and her Master, the 157th Company would move through the Razorfen to locate the source of corruption fouling the land. Once done so, Little wolf and her Master would move to eliminate the corruption whilst the Company provided support.

Strike Team:

Celeste Melody Vanimedle
"Little Wolf"
Huruma
Shiiri
Karkoom
Maenethas
Lelara "Frosthoof"
Nihilia
Alvine Camlet
Albert Crownwell
Zibble Fiddlecog
Stormy
Tuomas

The Mission:

Main Objectives:

• Find and Neutralize source of corruption within Razorfen Downs. "Achieved"

As night fel, the path through the barbed thorns had been made and we had a way in to the Razorfen itself without bursting through the front doors. "Little Wolf" would oncemore lead the way, I gathered the men and be began to move through the viney tunnel downwards untill we reached the floor of the Razorfen itself. The location instantly felt "wrong". A sense of unease, discomfort and dread spread over the men, but things were oddly quiet. The Quilboar were nowhere to be seen. "Little Wolf" would lead the way using a strange orb, it glowing in a purple light. Aparently the orb would cast protection over the gathered.

We moved forth without much trouble from the Quilboar, our frontliners in the Draenei led along with "Little Wolf", Zibble provided a path through the thorns using his "Mech-ano Saw's" It seemed to work rather well, cutting a path through for those in the back. We soon reached an intersection in the path, a cross roads. "Little Wolf" could not ascertain which path would be best, so we decided to simply go with chance, and chose the right road. We traversed quickly down the path, untill we caught site of a Quilboar hut.

At the hut three boars were present, two began to charge the front lines whilst the third fled, presumably to warn the rest of the Razorfen to our pressence. Tuomas and Zibble along with ranged support managed to stop the fleeing boar in its tracks and the frontliners quickly disposed of the two boar without any serious injuries. Pressing futher in to the Razorfen we came across a rather large stone, with the body of a Quilboar beneath it. The stone seamt to depict a story, very primitive in its design however its most promenent sign appeared to be the depiction of a - "Voodoo Sigil" - ascertained by several of our men. Perhaps that was the source of the corruption that afflicted the Razorfen.

We did not linger long and pressed on through the winding maze of thorns, as we traversed deeper in to the labaryinth we soon found another large stone. This one however was entwined with a mass of thorns. On closer inspection, it seamt to be littered with Shamanistic wards, the Quilboar themselves shielding one another from the Corruption perhaps?

As we looked up we had reached the maw of a large cave, the corruption feeling stronger within, we pressed forth carefully through its narrow reaches, frontliners positioned at the front and the rear, it wasn't long till we came to face the corruption in its "form". A writhing swirling mass of mystical energy the ill feelings at there peak whilst stood near it. "Little Wolf" and her master quickly took up positions and set about there ritual whilst I had the men form a protective line to stop any assaulting Quilboar. "Little Wolf" lowered the mystical veil that had been enshrouding us, as soon as she did so rumbling began to be felt out our feet when out of the ground spewed a large thorn, atop carrying a large discusting Quilboar - Gertrude.

The female boar wasted no time with pleasentries, as hordes of Quilboar began to charge the lines of the men, trampling over one another desperate to stop the ritual in place by "Little Wolf". We held the line for as long as we possibly could, however there numbers were overwhelming, edging the frontliners futher and futher back, inch by inch. Whilst this was going on Karkoom was gravely wounded by Gertrude's foul magics summoning forth barbed vines, impailing him through his chest.

I had no choice but to issue the command to "Frosthoof" to raise the corpses of the fallen Quilboar, and use them as a weapon. She did so and it bought "Little Wolf" enough time to finish her ritual, with a large rumble the Razorfen began to shake violently as the swirling mass of mystical energies closed shut, every Quilboar in the vacinity seamt to go in to a crazed panic not knowing who was friend or enemy. Using "Frosthoof's" make shift army we cut a path back to the entrance where the previous mentioned stone was sitting entwined by thorns.

The stone now pulsated with strange shamanistic energies, vines that were once in place had shifted, the light of the moon piercing through, an escape had been found, we quickly retreated through the hole, and not a moment too soon as it quickly closed behind us, Gertrude cursing all the while. As luck would have it, a routine patrol from the Speedbarge in the Thousand Needles caught sight of the commotion and came over on a large boat, he offered us ferry back to the barge and treatment for our wounded.

Last edited by Celeste Vanimedle on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Copied from Lionheart thread, the Alliance Campaign which Wild Tempest is taking part of.

Quote :
(Tuesday, July 23rd)
Alliance forces at Northwatch were busy preparing for the attack on Forward Command. Supplies from Stonetalon (what ones made it past the kor'kron and "rebel" attacks) were quickly put to use, and the dwarves have been busy repairing their steamtanks after they received battle damage when they ran the blockade a week earlier. Three have been restored to working condition.

Meanwhile, Wild Tempest embarked on an operation to purge the corruption afflicting the Overgrowth. After clandestinely moving through Dustwallow Marsh, they arrived at the southern tip of the Barrens. There they found the source, in Razorfen Downs. The quillboar, under Gertrude Snarlsnout, were in the process of summoning a dark and shadowy god spoken of in some ancient troll legend. With the assistance of some unexpected allies, Wild Tempest managed to close the gateway and eliminate the corruption.

Quote :
(Wednesday, July 24th)
War! The Alliance rolled out to reclaim Forward Command from the kor'kron. Unfortunately for the Alliance, the kor'kron were well-prepared. After the first three attack waves failed to breach the defensive lines, the Alliance was forced to send its entire remaining reserves into battle. Though they finally managed to rout the Horde from Forward Command, the Alliance suffered heavy casualties and gave the kor'kron more than enough time to secure any important documents and supplies and withdraw their siege weapons back to Fort Triumph.

Ultimately, the victory was a hollow one. Mountains of bodies--mostly Alliance--still surround the hill even after protracted efforts by Wild Tempest and other groups to clear them. Bonfires burn late into the night, as each body is searched, identified, given its last rites, and then cast into the flames. It is a bitter reminder that even though the kor'kron may be losing the war, they are still formidable opponents who will not go down lightly.

As if the initial battles weren't enough, Horde remnants continued to assault the Alliance forces several hours after formal victory was declared. Medical supply caravans were raided, and a lumber party was cancelled due to the danger. Though these attacks did little damage to Alliance troops, they greatly delayed construction work and search-and-rescue operations.

Searches for survivors continue throughout the night, and surprisingly both Alliance and Horde wounded are being taken to the infirmary and tended to. Those Horde survivors, once stabilized, are being placed inside recently-erected cages to await transfer to formal prisoner of war camps. They are provided food and water, and Alliance soldiers have been ordered to treat them with dignity and respect despite being enemies.

The Alliance's next target is Fort Triumph, though it is unclear how the outpost will be taken after the casualties sustained at Forward Command. The fort will need to be softened up by artillery and air support if any successful attack is to be made. However, it is likely the kor'kron have plans of their own. With the Alliance's position at Forward Command tenuous, there is a strong chance that the kor'kron will stage more raids and attacks before the week is done.

Map Updates:
1) Alliance takes Forward Command, but the area immediately surrounding is still strongly contested.
2) Dwarven steamtanks move south to Forward Command.
3) Rebel forces from Thunderbluff take Taurajo and begin march on Desolation Hold.
4) What few kor'kron forces were in Dustwallow have withdrawn to reinforce Desolation Hold and Fort Triumph, leaving the marsh to the Blood Wolves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:28 pm

More from Lionheart
Quote :
(Thursday, July 25th)
Dwarven gryphon riders went scouting around the South Barrens to track enemy (and rebel) troop movements. While out, they managed to find an abandoned ale reserve near Bael Modan! They have brought it back to the camp, and delivered the kegs to the kitchen. Be quick, the reserves won't last long!

Meanwhile, there were several incidents of treachery and thievery at camp. One man, claiming to be from the 3rd Regiment, was found searching through crates. Though he was let lose, he was later found trying to steal strategic reports and maps from the admiral's tent! He was run down and chained, to be interrogated by Section Seven agents.

Additionally, a 1st Regiment member brought a blood elf death knight near the borders of the camp. Though this blood elf claimed to be rebel, the fact that she had no identifying colors and lacked any official documents lead to her being ordered to leave the camp. Despite the brandishing of weapons, there was (mostly) no bloodshed over the tense incident.

And yet another convoy was attacked! This convoy, carrying raw ore and gases from Stonetalon to Northwatch, was intercepted in the Overgrowth. The convoy never reached Northwatch, and none of the men have reported in. Someone needs to go and find out what happened.

Lastly, a couple of Freelancers and others from the camp went to investigate rumours of cursed ruins in the Overgrowth, finding something quite different than what they expected. Encountering a gnome warlock of the Frozen Covenant and his partner there, a fight soon erupted. The gnome got away, and the ruins look quite worse for wear.

Those looking to investigate the convoy attack, get in touch with Areyah or Grim (Horde side).

Quote :
(Friday, July 26th. Morning)
Hysteria has engulfed the camp after a Freelancer discovered a cursed book filled with dark magic! The book, once its curse was activated, instantly began to tempt all those who looked upon it into wanting it for themselves. Even righteous Disciple paladins and the admiral herself were afflicted by its magic, and soon fights broke out all over camp, leading to a final showdown at the ruins south of Forward Command. Though direct hostilities have ended, the book has still yet to be located, and so its influence continues to linger on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiiri

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Quote :
Greetings and salutations, Wild Tempest command.

I was asked to write this report by Corporal Kwu regarding an occurrence last night.
We, as in myself (Shiiri), the dark iron dwarf recruit whose name I do not recall, Maenethas, Karkoom and another draenei female soldier who I have not yet sadly shared introductions with, were at the camp called 'Forward Command' and some of us heard noises coming from a nearby tent and we went to investigate.
Within, we found an armored and armed human male who had been rummaging through the supplies. My comrade appeared alarmed and detained him for questioning. He said he was a soldier from the third regiment moving to Northwatch who was getting supplies, and the noise had come from accidentally breaking a crate. My comrades did not appear to believe the human's story and believed him dangerous. As the highest ranking one among us was a mere private, I set out to search an officer to settle the matter. I quickly found corporal Kwu and asked him for assistance. In response, he appointed me in charge of the investigation.

Thus, I returned to the tent the human was detained in and asked him some questions but learned nothing new. I saw it as a misunderstanding, for surely the supplies were there to be used by soldiers like him and his story made sense to me. I would have let him go, but my comrades remained suspicious of him possibly being a thief and an imposter, so I sought out the minister in charge of the camp. She came to investigate alongside a dwarven judge. After a brief questioning session with the judge, during which nothing of interest was told which I had not already heard, the judge and the minister decided it was but a misunderstanding, and decided to let him go with a warning to be more careful next time.

At that time, Corporal Kwu commended me on a job well done and asked me to write this report and went for a nap.
I have little experience writing reports for the military, but I pray this shall be sufficient.

May the Light bless you.
Recruit Shiiri
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Quote :
To Recruit Shiiri. From Lieutenant Inran of Kor'khat, Commander of 157th Wild Tempest Company.

Southern Barrens, Kalimdor
FRIDAY July 26th. [30]

Recruit Shiiri,

Your report was excellent and very informational, which matters more than the proper form of writing.

Glory to the Alliance,

Lieutenant Inran of Kor'khat
Commander of 157th Wild Tempest Company

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 am

Campaign update.
Quote :
(Friday, July 26th)
Forward Command now has a well for fresh water. The well is located directly under the central watch tower. For now it is a crude hole in the earth, with water down below. Masonry and a pulley system with buckets have yet to be made. Arcane sentry wards have also been placed around the central tower to protect it from enemy attack, and additionally around the well in order to keep the water pure.

The Alliance units conducted training in the form of war games, with the hope of ensuring that the next battle does not go as sour as the last one.

Lastly, Disciple scouts discovered the lost convoy. It is believed to have been hit by Horde soldiers, and its supplies of ore and gas, as well as its wheels, were stolen. There is also concern that some of the convoy's staff may have been captured. If so, efforts must be taken to locate and rescue them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celeste Vanimedle

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Quote :
Southern Barrens/Dustwallow Marsh: Search and Rescue

Date: 29.07.30

Sergeant: Celeste Vanimedle

The Briefing:

The Alliance forces launched a daring Air Raid today to help cripple the defences at Fort Triumph and Desolation hold. Unfortunately during that raid, we lost three pilots, intel put them down as Nimble, Tachal, and Zibble from the 157th. Admiral Areyah Conover had me gather a group together and perform a search and rescue mission.

Search party:

Celeste Melody Vanimedle
Xildon Tinkertron
Kwu
Siaer Stormcloud
Tuomas
Zelium Bloodfury
Garven

The Mission:

Main Objectives:

• Find and secure lost members of the Air Raid. "In Progress"

At camp Tinkertron quickly briefed over the fact that the Gyrocopter had gone down near Fort Triumph, Conover gave intel that they also may have landed in the vacinity of Dustwallow Marsh. I quickly told the men to assemble as lightly armoured as possible due to us needing to move quickly. Xildon handed my a radio and would survey the roads and surroundings by air, along with Stormcloud in her flight form. The rest would move as quickly as possible on foot.

The ground team reached the base of the Fort, we couldnt proceed any futher along the road, Tuomas scouted ahead and told us we'd reached an impass. Keeping in radio contact with Xildon, he began to spot a smoke plumb in Dustwallow. Garven - a Dwarf from the regiment, suggested climing up the mountainside, we had little choice. The Dwarf quickly sped up the mountain while it took the rest of us some time. The Kor'kron wouldn't spot us due to the confusion they'd suffered in the attack from the Air Raid.

On reaching the top of the mountain we used rope from Garven, and Xildon's copter to airlift people down the mountain side, I briefed the men on the likely occurances that we might find in the marsh by the supernatural entities that lurk there. We proceeded hastilly to the crash site. I had Garven and Kwu set up sniper positions with the frontliners covering them. Stormcloud, Tuomas and myself would investigate the Horde occupied village that was directly opposite the crash site to see if they had been taken prisoner there.

Our search came up fruitless, we moved back to the down Gyrocopter where Garven and Tuomas were able to pick up tracks leading southward. The terrain of the marsh however made them incredibly difficult to make out, and ontop of all that it was starting to rain. The unsettling scenary and feelings of constantly being watched did not make for comfort in the marsh but we pressed on. Soon the tracks completely dispersed and we had to rely on Tuomas' sense of smell to guide us.

As we reached futher in to the marsh, Stormcloud began to sense a magic out of place, that was not connected to the Arcane residue of Theramore, or to the supernatural happenings of the marsh. It was something foreign - we ascertained that this must have been the Horde. If the three men had been captured, this influx of energies is where they were being held. As we traversed the marsh, we saw several banners littering the road, banners of Horde origin but differnt, a wolf's head adorning them.

The feelings of being watched continued, strange whispers echoed through our ears but be continued to press on south. We reached the very edge of Mudsprocket - The Goblin town. As we did so, we were suddenly met by several Horde members, all wearing the tabards of the wolfs head. I asked and Tuomas was the only one who could speak Orcish. He would converse with there "leader" and would translate.

In short he claimed to have the three men, referring to them by name. If his demands were not met he would slaughter them left with little choice we had to listen to his demands of ransom:

Six Chests of Gold, An Alliance banner, and Six Alliance Tabards.

However before we could deliberate he decided that this conversation would be best taken with the Rear Admiral Conover and an ambassador from this side. And so the Horde departed, we had no choice but to leave the men there for a single night though it grieved me heavilly to do so. We retreated back to the Forward Basecamp with heavy hearts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paia

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Open letter to selected officers wrote:

It may have come to your attention that Private Stormy suffered a serious injury recently which was not have been properly treated in a timely fashion. I lay the blame for this at the hands of the Horde who attacked and briefly over-ran the camp last night while a number of the company were away. While the Horde were pushed back I used a significant portion of my strength in battle healing and on aggressive actions during the fighting. That said the difficulties I and the other members of the medical team face in performing our role are being exacerbated by supply issues as well as jurisdictional problems and a serious lack of discipline from some other organisations in the Alliance war-camp.

Of particular cause for concern is the behavior of the black-tabard wearing group called Blades for Hire. This group, as well as threatening myself and Lance-Corporal Huruma with deadly force during a fit of pique seem to conduct themselves as if they were royalty, issuing orders to members of our company as if they were the Rear-Admiral herself. I request that they be politely reminded that they have no formal authority over currently serving members of the military. I have some reservations about the behavior of some of the unaligned residents of the camp also.

However Recruit Karkoom and I were not helped in our role as healers by the complete inability of the Private to act in a rational manner when it was in her best interests, regressing to a bestial state for no easily discernible reason. Had this been the first such outburst I would, given the circumstances have been somewhat more measured in my response but I am extremely concerned, both for Private Stormy's mental health but also of the risk that she poses to herself and others.

To mitigate this serious risk I formally recommend that should she suffer a further serious injury she be immediately and completely sedated, with this recommendation to remain in place until her anger management issues have been dealt with by an appropriate morale officer.

Kind Regards,

Lance-Corporal Dr Paia Cuddlefork.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 pm

From Lionheart
Quote :
(Saturday-Tuesday, July 27th-30th)
The camp has spent the last several days repelling multiple kor'kron assaults and preparing for the coming battle for Fort Triumph. Most prominent has been the continued placement of wards. One such recent ward to have been put in effect was a barrier to prevent all use of Fel energies and magics used within the encampment due to recent Warlock interference. The warding shield extends over the camp including tents and the infirmary, acting as in an invisible veil.

On Saturday, Wild Tempest conducted a promotion ceremony, seeing several members appointed higher grades. Later that night, Commander Thilliath and the Blazing Shields offered blacksmithing services for the camp, repairing arms and armor.

On Monday, the beginning phase of the attack on Fort Triumph was put into motion. Gyrocopter bombers with gryphon escorts flew off from Northwatch Hold to Fort Triumph, where they dropped bombs on kor'kron defensive emplacements. Though initial plans were to hit Triumph, Desolation Hold, and Bael Modan, Horde air resistance downed multiple fliers and necessitated calling off the attacks on the other two locations. The attack however was a success, however, and most Horde artillery has been destroyed. Since this event, dwarven steamtanks have begun bombarding the fort from afar as they are now mostly safe from enemy artillery.

Throughout the weekend there has been several contacts with the rogue Horde group, the Blood Wolves. They attacked an Alliance convoy in the Overgrowth and captured two prisoners. Scouts from the Disciples of Light managed to locate the destroyed caravan and relay this information back to High Command. Later, the Blood Wolves sent a diplomat to discuss trading the prisoners for the orc the Alliance captured at Northwatch two weeks earlier. Though the negotiations were somewhat hostile, a mutual exchange was arranged for the coming days.

Since then, however, the Blood Wolves have managed to take several more Alliance troops prisoner. After the air raid on Fort Triumph, several pilots crashed in Dustwallow Marsh. A search-and-rescue team composed of members of Wild Tempest, 1st Regiment, and Blazing Shields made initial contact with the Blood Wolves while trying to find the downed pilots, but discovered that they had been captured by the Blood Wolves, who have demanded a ransom for their return.

On Tuesday, the Freelancers lead an excursion into the Overgrowth, where they encountered kor'kron-altered raptors.

Additionally, there has been reports that anti-night-elf discrimination has been increasing amongst the lower ranks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Quote :
(Wednesday, July 31st)
The Alliance took the fight to Fort Triumph, beginning the day with a concentrated artillery barrage from dwarven steamtanks before sending in troops to secure the fort. Though the kor'kron managed to repel one wave, the Alliance were successful in routing them and have reclaimed Triumph.

The Alliance has therefore relocated to Fort Triumph, though this is only temporary. A force will soon be sent to take Bael Modan from the few kor'kron left defending it, before the Alliance moves north again, to Northwatch Hold. From there, the bulk of the army will be rotated back to Stormwind for some rest and recuperation before the Siege of Orgrimmar, though some will remain behind to assist with the harassment of kor'kron operations in Northern Barrens.

Map Updates:
- Alliance claims Fort Triumph.
- Dwarven steamtanks and gryphons follow the main army to Triumph. Wild Tempest planes remain in Northwatch Hold for maintenance after the air raid.
- Rebellion forces under Thunderbluff claim Desolation Hold, begin efforts to secure Frazzlecraz Motherload.

Quote :
(Saturday, August 3rd)
A group of three regiment soldiers with a member of the blazing shields went to inspect Bael Modan.
After encountering several traps left behind, and a unaturally large orc. The soldiers retreated back to camp due to injuries substained, large parts of the dwarven fortress still remaining unchecked.

Last edited by Inran on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Quote :
(Thursday, August 1st)
Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac and the Disciples of Light host a basic first aid tutoring session to provide the soldiers with training on the basics of tending to the wounds of their fellow men. Another raid by kor'kron hits Triumph shortly after, but is repelled.

During the raid, Admiral Conover, Monrena Scaletail, and Damien Kraldar ride out to meet with the Blood Wolves to conduct a prisoner exchange. They deliver the orc, Gruunak, back to them in exchange for two soldiers that had been captured from the missing convoy. In addition, ransoms were paid for the three captured Wild Tempest pilots--Tachal, Zibble, and Nimble.

Quote :
(Friday, August 2nd)
Word is reaching Fort Triumph that the kor'kron forces at Bael Modan have abandoned the fortress. While many have fled into Dustwallow to wait out the war, some moving to Mudsprocket and others seeking to join the Blood Wolves, a few have surrendered to the Alliance. The fortress now stands empty, though the kor'kron may have left some things behind...

Map Updates:
- Rebellion forces from Thunderbluff take Frazzlecrazz Motherlode.
- Kor'kron forces at Bael Modan abandon the fortress.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salara

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 am

Quote :
Date 4/08/30

Private Salara

The Briefing:

Infiltrate a Kor'kron poison farm, neutralise all threats, capture any important notes and equipment then destroy the facility.

Team/Platoon Name(s):

Lieutenant Ashdown
Private Salara
Lance-corporal Huruma
Lance-corporal Stormclaw
Corporal Strongbrew
Recruit Steinsaltz
Recruit Shadowstar
Private Shiiri
Recruit Nihilia
Private Tuomas
Recruit A Windfury
Recruit P Windfury

The Mission:

Secure poison farm research so antidotes may be produced.

Main Objectives:

1) Arrive at farm undetected by Kor'kron forced Achieved
2) Infiltrate facility Achieved
3) Neutralise all hostile forces Achieved
4) Capture all research and distillery equipment Achieved
5) Eliminate Project Head Achieved
6) Destroy facility and all specimens contained within Achieved  

We set out from Northwatch hold, using the coast to access the Northen Barrens. We moved quickly across the plains, avoiding Centaur encampments and Kor'kron patrols arriving at the facility in a timely fashion. We quickly disposed of the sentries outside the cave. Once inside we split the team in two, team 1 (My team) combed the caverns for research data and the distillery equipment, team 2 (lead by Lieutenant Ashdown) assaulted the main chamber and the project head (see Corporal Strongbrew's report for further details). We quickly discovered the research notes after dispatching a handful of apothecaries, these notes detailed all experiments done with in the caverns. Moving deeper in we discovered where the test subjects were disposed of as well as where the distillery equipment was located. Most of the equipment was recovered, some however was damaged because of Private Tuomas and Recruit Shadowstar's clumsiness. With equipment and notes secure we returned to the entrance and fought off a supply caravan bringing fresh subjects to the cavern, regrettably the prison wagons escaped with the Alliance POWs still inside. Just as we finished the last Orc team 2 rejoined us and we made our escape, using explosives to demolish the cavern. We then swiftly left the area leaving no trace to point to whom attacked the farm. Mostly only minor injuries were sustained, Recruit Nihilia and Private Tuomas were poisoned in battle however. We retreated back to Northwatch Hold then from there secured transport back to Fort Triumph.

Corporal Strongbrew's report:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siaer

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Quote :
The Warlock, the demon lord and his associste warlock.

Date: 05/08/30

While stationed at Forward Command Stormy was attacked. A human druid tended to the poison but Stormy did not seem to improve. As her condition seemed to be in a bad state I Siaer Stormcloud checked her over. While trying to treat her I noticed the presence of fel inside of her. While trying to remove it I was attacked. The clear feeling of a nearby source was felt and I alerted Sergeant Vanimedle. The camp was searched and I was ordered to place up wards all around the camp.

Last night a woman was screaming out loudly. We checked up on her and she was in the care of the Disciples for having attacked a priestess or two during an exorcism attempt. The yell was not alone, soon enough after the presence of fel could be detected.  Soon enough what had the appearance of an eye floated over our heads. After speaking to a mage of the Kirin Tor, a member of the Disciples he and the rest of us began the search.  Stronger the feeling grew and it came from the Shady inn right inside the boarder of the march.
Lieutenant Eodan and Sergeant Vanimedle debated and he went out with a team.

Thaldir, the Windfury brothers, the Lieutenant and I went out. The Windfury’s came after us as ordered ,after being checked by a druid within the fort first.
We found the mage I had spoken to earlier outside the Shady Inn, a portal soon enough opened and out strode a little male gnome and a human female. The gnome started shouting making me know he was the one from before, threatening and angered.

From there on there was chaos, magic, demons, hurricanes..
Some of the time out there I was not conscious so the actual details is better left for the Lieutenant to explain. We all came back alive, we did not eliminate the enemies so the threat still stands and our current location puts us in jeopardy.

- Signed Recruit Siaer Stormcloud

Lieutenant Ashdown:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eodain

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm

A note attached to this report by Lt. Eodain Ashdown. "This report is strictly on a "need-to-know" basis, not to be viewed by anyone other than members of the 157th Company and upper echelons of Alliance Military Forces." (( OOC: Of course it's actually fine to read this even if this IC note would not apply to your character! ))

Classified report:

Last edited by Eodain on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keag Strongbrew

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:13 pm

A note attached to this report by Lt. Eodain Ashdown. "This report is strictly on a "need-to-know" basis, not to be viewed by anyone other than members of the 157th Company and upper echelons of Alliance Military Forces." (( OOC: Of course it's actually fine to read this even if this IC note would not apply to your character! ))

Classified report:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Decurius

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 am

Quote :
The Wolf, the Witch and the Tendrils
Also known as
Why you shouldn’t leave your druids alone
Private Tuomas

Date: 08/08/30

Considering the lack of other people able to give a complete rundown of the happenings of the last evening, I thought  a complete report by me would be of use. My sincere apologies if this is going to be just a paper more in the pile, or if I took a permission unwarranted.

Yesterday night, after the usual guarding and patrolling duties, I started a conversation, of which subject I’d rather keep private, with Recruit Siaer, at encampment.  Amidst of it, I happened to hear something unexpected, voices of children and laughter. I actually didn’t mind, having learned to ignore the ‘white noise’ that comes with heightened hearing. Still, when Siaer started to hear a flute, a calling flute, as she said, I wondered. The flute, or whoever was ‘playing it’ in her mind, seemed to be  calling her, and she followed its call. After trying to stop her I followed her and tracked her to the docks. I tried to convince her to get back and not follow this ‘voice’ but she didn’t listen. She approached the edge of the dock and there I tried to force her back with me, with a more direct,  yet violent, approach, grabbing her arm. After, I tried with different ways, of which I’d not write here publicly, but to no avail. She leapt in the water and I, worried for her, followed suit. There, we were attacked by shadow tendrils, trying to choke and pull down  both of us underwater. I struggled against them, trying to get out of water as soon as possible with Siaer at my side instead somewhat calm. The situation went worse when the tendrils started to cut at us, making myself bleed, thus calling the sea wildlife, i.e. sharks. I was running out of air, and was bleeding badly from my arm and legs. Luckily, between the use of my shadow magic to win over the tendrils and the help of a then ‘reawakened’ Siaer, I was able to free myself and reach the surface, the tendrils seemingly giving up.

Me and the recruit reached the shore, and, after a very fast check up and a bried explanation to her of what just happened, as seen as she had no memory of it, we went back to the Hold to warn the others, only to hear a feminine voice shouting. We tried to find the source, together with Stormy, but we couldn’t in time. When me and Siaer finally found out in fact, it was revealed being the voice of the warlock woman who attacked previously the Company. As I reached for her, she was struggling with Tachal and she teleported, in a blast of shadow energy somewhere else, with him. I couldn’t do anything. I was soon joined by Stormy and members of the Freelancers, and then Albert. Albert checked the rune the warlock left on the ground, trying to understand how it worked and if he could be able to track her, to no avail. Asked if able to scry her, or Tachal, he answered he wasn’t trained to. I ordered him to destroy the warlock’s rune, to avoid a possible return of hers with forces, despite it being our only trace to her, and ordered the people of the Company to stay in the Hold unless ordered otherwise, or unless they had a safe and secure way to find the warlock’s position, or Tachal’s, to prepare a rescue mission. After having been given a radio from one of the Freelancers, I went to check my wounds and to take the needed rest, of mind especially..

On a side note, I strongly suggest some training for the Company's members against mind control of any kind or form, possibly given by an expert in the field.

King’s Honor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Quote :
Final Report: The Road through Kalimdor

Blue = Wild Tempest main route.
Green = Wild Tempest's Quilboar Corruption plot route.
Red & Purple = Noteworthy locations of battle.

Objectives:

Claim important resources for the Alliance - Achieved

Conquer lost Alliance forts located in Southern Barrens - Achieved

Clear a force of corruption from the Razorfen - Achieved

After the battle for Fort Triumph, 157th Company sailed back to Stormwind. During their time in Kalimdor, the company cut a path through the various Kor'kron forces stationed in Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains and Southern Barrens. Allying with the Northern Rebellion of the Horde against Kor'kron at their time in Ashenvale, the company took a step towards the possible future where the races of the Horde and Alliance may yet live in peace. in Stonetalon the Company conquered an Oil Rig for the Alliance and salvaged Kor'kron research in form of a strange golem like construct. In the Barrens, a part of the Company followed the mysterious arcanist "Little Wolf" into cleansing corruption originating from Razorfen, the home of the Quilboar. Since the fall of Fort Triumph back to the hands of the Alliance, soldiers of the 157th were given a weeks worth of vacation before their next deployment.

Hellscream's grasp weaken in Kalimdor. It is time to turn ones gaze to another important font of war and a source of resources. The once hid continent of Pandaria.

"Glory to the Alliance!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]   

Back to top Go down

The Road through Kalimdor [Northern Kalimdor, patch 5.3]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2